A favorite Maui hike, yet for some people the drive to the trailhead alone is excitement enough. The Hana Highway is sixty miles of... more » scenic but curvy coastal road, reportedly featuring 620 curves and 59 bridges, most of which are single-lane bridges. If you relish your driving experiences then the Hana Highway alone is a "must-do".
The 4 mile round trip to the falls and back takes in several great waterfalls before reaching the spectacular Waimoku Falls, and a boardwalk journey through dense, dark bamboo forest that you're unlikely to forget.
• 900ft (from 200 - 1,200ft)
• We strongly recommend an early start if you want to make good time on the Hana Highway.
• The hike route is prone to flash flooding, so be aware of the weather forecast and do not attempt the hike under threat of rain.
• As with all Hawaii hikes we recommend footwear with good grip, since the terrain can get a little slippy & muddy.
• The fee to use this park is valid for several days and allows you to explore the Haleakala crater on the same pass - check out our Crater Trail Guide for more details.
You have no recent hotel searches.