Discover the quieter side of the San Francisco Bay across the Golden Gate Bridge in the former fishing village of Sausalito.
You'll... more » find this a perfect place to browse the little boutique stores that line the bayside road, followed by refreshments or a meal at one of the many well regarded restaurants near the center of the town.
When you've had your fill of good food and enjoyed the scenic views of the San Francisco skyline, walk your bike onto the ferry and head back over the water.
Bridge biking hours:
• Bikes have access to the bridge 24 hr/day!
• Weekdays east walkway open at all times except 3.30pm - 9pm when only the west walkway can be used.
• Weekends east walkway open at all times. West walkway is open between 5am and 9pm.
• Check the signs for seasonal adjustment of times.
• Late hour access on the east walkway uses a gate and remote buzzer system.
• Blue & Gold Fleet (to Pier 39) - (415) 705-8200
• Golden Gate Ferry service (to Ferry Building) - (415) 455-2000
• Foggy days can be some of the best times to explore the bridge and this part of the San Francisco Bay because of the dramatic views revealed as the patchy fog burns off during the warmest parts of the day.
• Be sure to pack layers of clothing so you can keep comfortable as the weather changes.
• Read the Blazing Saddles safety tips at the beginning of this guide. less «