The pousadas of Portugal are by in large a real treat. This one definitely is. The staff is good, the location perfect for the view. They all seem to be slightly run down, in an almost charming way. I would stay in the pousadas in general, and specifically in this one, again. That said, the restaurant was not very good.
- Also Known As:
- Pousada De Amares - Santa Maria Do Bouro Hotel Amares
- Pousada De Amares - Santa Maria Do Bouro Hotel
- Pousada De Hotel Amares
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The small traditional houses of Marvao, a medieval town with walls dating from the thirteenth century, seem to squeeze the narrow little streets that wind between them. Two of these village houses have been comfortably converted into the Pousada Marvao, Santa Maria, a small charming hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Olotels, Expedia, Venere, Priceline, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Pousada de Amares-Santa Maria do Bouro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.