Great hotel ,quiet ,close to everywhere and parking beneath so ticked the boxes for us. Breakfast was good but not special .Had a upgraded deluxe room overlooking the park which was large if somewhat sparse - it was crying out for another chair and some pictures!Would stay again .
- Also Known As:
- Dorint Am Goethepark Hotel Weimar
- Sofitel Weimar
- Weimar Dorint Am Goethepark
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The four-star hotel Dorint Am Goethepark Weimar with its central location is not only the ideal starting point for a city trip to the former Capital of Culture of 1999, it is also the perfect choice for a very special business meeting or conference, which will be remembered for a long time to come. Embark on a journey of discovery through a city where Goethe lived and worked, and which the Duchess Anna Amalia and her son, Carl August, transformed into a center of creativity. To this very day, one can sense this unique atmosphere in the heart of the free state of Thuringia, cradle of the German classic arts. The Weimar cultural calendar includes an entire year of events, with the highlight being the arts festival and celebrations around Goethe’s birthday. However, in addition to the cultural highlights, the delightful Thuringian landscape and natural surroundings are a big attraction: enjoy a hike or a lovely, long bicycle ride along the river Ilm. Or visit the many legendary sightseeing attractions around Weimar like the Wartburg castle or Castle Grosskochberg with its quaint theater. Are you fond of onions? Then don’t miss out on a visit to the state’s largest public festival, the Weimar Onion Market in October! The Dorint Hotel Am Goethepark Weimar – with its wellness amenities, fine ambience including art nouveau and Bauhaus elements and comfortable rooms, will ensure that your stay is as pleasant as possible. Perhaps you will enjoy a similar experience to that of the famous poet, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, and will return to visit our fair city on many more occasions. To paraphrase the great poet himself: ‘Where on earth would you find so many good things in so small a place…and I have been almost everywhere! – But Weimar is a place to which I always gladly returned.’ We look forward to welcoming you again and again! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Olotels, Priceline, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Dorint Am Goethepark Weimar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.