Spent an unexpectedly enjoyable evening at Salon de Ning in the lower level of The Peninsula in Shanghai. It is a VERY unique place that reminded me of an old New Orleans house of ill repute. Very ornate with a small main area but private alcoves along three sides, bar next to the entrance with a good size stage. Evening... More
- Also Known As:
- The Peninsula Shanghai Hotel Shanghai
- The Peninsula Shanghai Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the historic Bund with spectacular views of the Bund, Huangpu River, Pudong and former British Consulate gardens, The Peninsula Shanghai perfectly blends with the historic architecture of its landmark neighbours. The Peninsula Shanghai, which opened in October 2009, is the first new building to be constructed on the historic Bund in over 60 years. Offering the best of Peninsula traditions and a range of signature services and facilities, including Shanghai's largest guestrooms and the city's highest staff-to-guest ratio, The Peninsula also heralds the return of parent company, The Hongkong and Shanghai Hotels, Limited, to Shanghai where it owned and operated four of the city's premier hotels in the 1920s to 1940s - The Kalee, The Astor House, The Palace and The Majestic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Splendia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Otel, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip DaoDao and Tingo so you can book your The Peninsula Shanghai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.