Six of us had a family meal. The food was excellent. The restaurant and bar were warm and cosy on a cold autumn night with open fires. The service was friendly and attentive. The food was high quality. There is not much more anyone needs to know when considering patronising The Barbon Inn.
- Also Known As:
- Barbon Hotel Kirkby Lonsdale
- Barbon Hotel
- Barbon Inn Kirkby Lonsdale, Cumbria
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barbon Inn and Restaurant near Kirkby Lonsdale has been around since the 1650s and started life as a farmhouse. Situated in the peaceful and tranquil village of Barbon, this country inn offers old world elegance in its accommodation restaurant and pub. The Barbon serves traditional English cuisine with a modern twist. Specialty dishes using local produce with choices like confit duck leg served with dauphinoise potatoes, sautéed leeks and a rich blackberry sauce; menu choices change with the seasons. The inn has an excellent wine list which has been a labour of love for one of the owners, and she will help you select from the connoisseurs list. The Barbon Inn has 10 bedrooms one with a four-poster bed. It’s located halfway between the Lake District National Park and the Yorkshire Dales National Park which makes it the perfect base for exploring both. The pastoral feel is added to by a local racetrack that holds the Barbon Hill Climb. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Barbon Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.