The staff was friendly and very helpful. This is a quaint historical hotel. Each floor is amazing. The rooms are tastefully done and comfortable. Will recommend others to stay here for a weekend get away.
- Also Known As:
- Historic Park Hotel
- Historic Park Hotel Mason City
- Historic Park Inn Hotel Mason City, Iowa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Historic Park Inn Hotel, together with City National Bank, of Mason City Iowa were designed by American architect Frank Lloyd Wright as a dual purpose building and completed in 1910. The design greatly influenced architecture in Europe and is as striking today as it ever was. The Park Inn Hotel is the last Wright designed hotel in the world, and has undergone a nearly 20 million renovation; the restoration of the distinctive brick and terra-cotta façade as well as art glass windows has restored the Prairie School building to a functional hotel. The interior, while renovated into a contemporary hotel, has public areas and guest rooms restored as closely to Wright's design as possible. Art glass and much else designed by Wright remains. Public area furnishings are period-style and include reproduction Robie House Lights, reproductions of the Mercury statues Richard Bock and Wright designed for the bank, and reproductions of the barrel chairs Wright designed for the bank directors' room. We invite you to come and stay with us in the center of the many area attractions Mason City has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Otel so you can book your Historic Park Inn Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.