This camp has everything you would expect from a luxury safari camp: comfortable tents, delicious food, excellent service and, most importantly, very good wildlife sightings. We actually saw a wild dog feasting on a kill (which is a rare sighting at the best of times) from the comfort of our own veranda. However, what really set this camp apart for... More
- Also Known As:
- Savute Elephant Camp By Orient-Express Hotel Chobe National Park
- Savute Elephant Camp By Orient-Express Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the Chobe National Park, sometimes referred to as the elephant capital of the world, is Savute Elephant Camp. Perched on the former banks of the now dry Savute Channel, the camp offers a spectacular birds eye view of elephant in their natural habitat, with an adjacent water hole just metres away from the camps main building. The area is also renowned for high concentration of predators such as the endangered wild dog, lion, leopard, cheetah and hyena. Find yourself in harmony with a unique timeless place as you witness a play that has no script, by actors who have no lines, in an environment that needs no set. The area is known for its exciting game viewing and birding. This area also presents you with the rare opportunity to view rock paintings drawn by the early Bushmen, who once inhabited the region. As this camp is situated in the Chobe National Park, park regulations prohibit night drives and walking. Savute personifies the eternal contrast of Africa. Where our other two camps celebrate water and lush vegetation, Savute is an objective lesson in aridity. Rain in this dry place is rare and water is precious. Situated on the Savute Channel, which is an eccentric waterway that fluctuates between being bone-dry or flooding, the whole ethos of Savute Elephant Camp is commiserate with its inhabitants and environment, although the camp has not seen water flowing in the channel since 1983. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jetsetter so you can book your Savute Elephant Camp by Orient-Express reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.