An absolutely extraordinarily personalised experience that achieved the perfect balance between companionship, knowledge & friendship, without blurring any boundaries. Food superb, water-based game viewing, spectacular helicopter game viewing. Elephants within the camp were unforgettable -a must have for all future visits.
- Also Known As:
- Eagle Island Camp By Orient-Express Hotel
- Eagle Island Camp By Orient-Express Hotel Okavango Delta
- Eagle Island Camp By Orient-Express Botswana/Okavango Delta
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden from the world, deep within Botswana's Okavango Delta, is the paradise we call Eagle Island Camp. Situated on the island of Xaxaba and surrounded by Illala Palms, the camp overlooks a surrounding lagoon fed by the tranquil waterways of the Delta. The area offers exceptionally high quality wildlife viewing with prolific birdlife and mammal sightings. It is also the site of one of the most romantic bars in the world, the Fish Eagle Bar, as voted by New York Times. The camp offers a cool retreat from the African sun and is shaded by a canopy of indigenous trees. Xaxaba is one of the Delta's most pristine natural locations, a region of myriad waterways, palm-treed islands and vast flood plains. Bird and animal life in this region is prolific. The camp offers game viewing by mokoro (traditional dugout canoe), motorised boats and a 14-seater Sundowner cruiser. ... more less