if you love the nature and uncontaminated environment, albergue heliconias is the right place to go. you'll enjoy the hospitality and respect for the environment of the hotel team and in general of the local community. a number of tours and excursions can be arranged. I strongly recommend to stay at heliconias lodge.
- Also Known As:
- Heliconias Hotel Bijagua De Upala
- Heliconias Hotel
- Heliconias Lodge Costa Rica/Bijagua De Upala
Region: Costa Rica > Province of Alajuela > Bijagua de Upala
Free Breakfast Free High-Speed Internet Free Parking Restaurant Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #5 of 5 hotels in Bijagua de Upala
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Heliconias Lodge and Rainforest a magnificent unspoilt tropical destination set in the foothills of Tenorio Volcano close to Rio Celeste in Northern Costa Rica. Located between Miravalles Volcano and Tenorio Volcano, our eco-lodge offers spectacular views over the town of Bijagua and Lake Nicaragua offering you the opportunity to experience eco-tourism and nature at its finest. Here you will find a quiet and peaceful atmosphere that provides an opportunity to explore the incredible biodiversity in over 73 hectares of rainforest in our protected private reserve which adjoins Tenorio Volcano National Park. Completely owned and managed by Costa Ricans we are proud to be pioneers of tourism in the Tenorio and Upala region, engaging in eco-tourism for over fifteen years. We are committed to sustainable development and provide opportunities of employment and development for members of our community whilst sharing our knowledge and traditions with visitors from all over the world. Today, the most important activities of the lodge are the ones that help visitors understand the incredible natural beauty found here.More than 300 species of birds have been identified in the immediate area of Heliconias Lodge and Rainforest including five species of toucans and eighteen species of hummingbirds. The Ornate Hawk Eagle, Rufous-vented Ground Cuckoo and Tody Motmot can also be found in our private reserve as well as an enormous variety of insects, reptiles, amphibians and mammals. Naturally an incredible diversity of flora is found here. We are your gateway for exploring the local region including the spectacular Rio Celeste in Tenorio Volcano National Park. Heliconias Lodge and Rainforest offers you the opportunity to:Discover the incredible beauty of lush primary tropical rainforest and transition forest with more than 5km of trails extending though our 73 hectares of protected rainforest.Observe birds, butterflies and bromeliads of the forest canopy from our spectacular suspension bridges with our specialized bilingual guides during the day or night! Explore the mesmerizing beauty of Rio Celeste in the Tenorio Volcano National Park on horseback, with its breathtaking celestial waterfall, lagoon and natural hot springs. Take a tour of the local area including an organic farm, butterfly garden, Bijagua waterfall and the tallest tree in the region.Plant trees with our local youth cooperative (see community page) in order to offset your carbon emissions and engage in carbon neutral tourism. Do a day tour to Cano Negro, Palo Verde or Rincon de la Vieja National Park. Discover the thermal springs of Volcano Miravalles or go rafting in the Corobici River.Or simply relax and enjoy the breathtaking view from Heliconias Lodge and Rainforest from your balcony or the restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsClick so you can book your Heliconias Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.