We spent last week at the resort. It was a wonderful time! We have a 6 year old and a 3 year old. They had a blast with the pool and beach. We discovered that last week was also Spring Break for Puerto Rico, therefore there was an obvious increase in police patrol, making sure only the hotel guests were at the resort. It was great. I must say we were pretty laid back, left out cameras, ipads, etc in plain site in our room. We never had an issue with anything being taken. The staff was always very friendly. Our room as most people have stated was nice. Nothing too fancy, but honestly we didn't go there for the room. It was clean, the beds were comfortable. As for the restaurants, we had read before we went that they were pricey so we planned on eating off site. However after eating at a few off site restaurants and still spending $100 for dinner, the resort prices really didn't seem that bad. They other thing I was really happy with was everything I ate at the resort was really fresh. I am a vegetarian and noticed that when I would get a veggie sandwich the veggies were crisp and grilled. The kids meals were always really big and better quality than you find at most places. We did discover a restaurant about 5 miles down on 3. It is called Lolita's. It was a Mexican restaurant. It was so good we went twice!!! Plus with appetizers, desserts, kids meals, drinks, etc, we were still under $100 which you will find is a nice welcome. Another place we discovered was a local bakery called La Famiglia. They had the best pastries and fresh breads. We all got donuts and drinks for under $10! We were not as impressed with the kiosks that many had raved about. I found them to appear a bit shady and dirty. Like I said I am a vegetarian which also does limit my options a bit, but even my meat eating husband was not impressed with the kiosks.
Overall we loved our time at the resort. I would recommend it to anyone. They were awesome with kids, but even if you don't have kids, the adult pool seemed very relaxing...I would look at it from afar! lol Oh also we noticed that never once did we observe anyone drunk or out of control. It was a great place to take families.
- Also Known As:
- Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa, a Wyndham Grand Hotel
- Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa, a Wyndham Grand Hotel Rio Grande
- Rio Mar Beach Resort And Spa, a Wyndham Grand Resort
- Wyndham Rio Grande
- Rio Del Mar Puerto Rico
- Rio Grande Wyndham
- Rio Mar Puerto Rico
- Westin Rio Mar Puerto Rico
- Westin Rio Mar
- Wyndham El Yunque National Forest
- Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa Puerto Rico/Rio Grande
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean National Forest, The Westin Rio Mar Beach Golf Resort & Spa in Puerto Rico presents the ultimate Caribbean resort experience! This luxurious resort is secluded on a 500-acre estate framed by lush green mountains and a mile of palm-lined beach. From the moment you arrive, you are reminded that The Westin Rio Mar Beach sets the world's standards for hospitality service. Richly appointed tropical luxury makes each guest room a welcome, private haven. Spectacular views of the sapphire blue Atlantic or the majestic El Yunque, the Caribbean National Forest, complement the island-styled décor in our 600 guest rooms and suites, all featuring Westin’s renowned Heavenly Beds® and Heavenly Baths®. Rich, natural woods, Italian tile, plush fabrics and preferred amenities surround each guest with privileged comfort. A beachfront paradise for recreation, the resort offers an array of pleasures from championship golf and extensive watersports to night-time excitement at the Rio Mar Casino. Amenities include two beachfront pools, two world-class golf courses, the exclusive Mandara Spa with fitness center, 11 Har-Tru tennis courts, water sports center, scuba diving, bicycling and a variety of specialty shops and boutiques. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Amex, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Otel, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.