The accommodation offer in Delhousie is limited and Slightly Chilled would be one of the best options in town. I can't really compare the guesthouses, but from what I saw I thought we made a good choice.
The rate of a room includes breakfast and dinner. That's great, because eating out here is I think impossible. All rooms have a view on the mountain. Adam's Peak is the main attraction and the only thing to do here. So it is very cool if you also can look at it from your room or balcony. This magnificent view is very enjoyable at any time of the day.
We had a spacious triple room with a balcony overlooking the mountain. Bathroom was very simple but with all the essentials. The only downside was the present cockroach, who later traveled with us to the South coast.
The downside of the room were the beds, just terrible. The mattresses were very thin and the wooden slats fell continuously. The sheets and towels had this slightly yellow color, like the previous name of this guesthouse. In one of the beds, there were fleas or other type of bugs. Fortunately I had no problems, but one of the girls had a red rash on her back after lying on that bed.
Opposite our room the drivers stayed. They left their door open, we saw them drinking and heard them talking when we were trying to sleep. That was a bit disturbing.
The evening meal was very good. It was a buffet with rice and curries. And so was the breakfast. Just a typical omelet with fruit and tea. What I liked so much is that the dining room has many windows that overlook the mountain. During dinner we watched the illuminated mountain. And in the morning during breakfast, looking at Adam's Peak I could hardly realize that just a few hours ago I stood there.
I found the atmosphere in this hotel very pleasant. Other guests were very relaxed and friendly. This hotel is at the foot of the mountain which was very efficient.
If I ever come back to Sri Lanka, I will again climb the Adam's Peak. And I think I'll book a room here again. Despite the terrible beds. And again no longer than for one night.
- Also Known As:
- Slightly Chilled Hotel Dalhousie
- Slightly Chilled Hotel
- Slightly Chilled Sri Lanka/Dalhousie
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax and let your soul truly unwind in the Slightly Chilled Guest House (formerly Yellow House). Gayantha and Nirasha will make a great memory of your trip to Sri Lanka. Great service, great rooms and great Sri Lankan hospitality! Adam's Peak should be part of your trip in Sri Lanka! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Slightly Chilled reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.