Visited this hotel for 10 days in September 2011. It is in a superb position - most be one of the best in Port de Pollenca. I see all the reviews seem to recommend paying the extra for a sea view - we did not, stayed at the back, and were not sorry. The back gets the evening sun, the balconies are quite large enough to sit, and apart from some traffic noise, they are far quieter - especially at night when hoards of people are outside walking past the front of the hotel.
Only thing that spoiled our holiday is that basically, this is nothing more than a bed and breakfast establishment. The upmarket chain wine/cocktail bar Cappochino, which is next door and I understand leases out the premises from the hotel, takes over all the front of the hotel after breakfast, and all the sunbathing area across the pedestrianised walkway in the evening, thereby leaving Sis Pins with no bar/restaurant facilities of their own. The description of this hotel in the Jet2 brochure with whom we booked, clearly states (and is still advertising it as such) that this hotel has a bar - it does not! One thing that the Cappochino bar does not tell you, is that you are perfectly entitled to sit on their chairs all day and not purchase anything from them. However, their prices are extremely high and their cocktails a complete rip off. Did not sample their food - there are many excellent reasonably priced estaurants/bars within a 2 minute walk away.
The staff at the hotel are excellent, and the breakfasts are also very good.
The rooms (or at least our room) certainly needed updating. I understand that some of the rooms have been updated - if this is the case, it does not seem right that the same charge is made for the old fashioned rooms with tatty unfitted furniture.
One nice touch is that the room does have a proper fridge and air conditioning, and they do not make an extra charge.
- Also Known As:
- Sis Pins Hotel Port De Pollenca
- Sis Pins Hotel
- Sis Pins Port De Pollenca
- Sis Pins Majorca/Port De Pollenca
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located opposite the beach and near the centre of the resort, the Hotel Sis Pins is without doubt one of the most charming hotels in Puerto Pollensa. British owned, our team of friendly, professional staff will ensure that you receive a warm welcome and are well cared for during your holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Sis Pins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.