If you thought some contemporary architecture a little weird, you really must stay here.
Designed, apparently, to resemble a vine, this truly unique hotel is in the heart of Spain's Rioja region. The colored alloy roofs, twisting in a variety of incredible shapes, can be seen for miles, a brand-new landmark in an ancient wine growing area.
Built for the Rischal winery by the architect who designed Bilbao's Gugenheim museum, the cellars below the hotel house literally millions of bottles of wine. More than 130,000 of these are classic vintages which will never, ever be sold, say the owners.
This is a hotel for the discerning. Don't expect discount rates. What you will receive is excellence; in environment, in cuisine, in service and, of course, wines.
- Also Known As:
- Marques De Riscal Hotel
- Marques De Riscal Elciego
- Hotel Marques De Riscal Spain/Elciego
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The City of Wine, where you will discover a masterpiece, Hotel Marques de Riscal Elciego. With 43 luxurious rooms and suites, an exceptional spa and a superb culinary offer, this boutique hotel, located in the heart of la Rioja alavesa and designed by famous arquitect Frank O. Gehry, is the ideal place for enoturim lovers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Splendia, Cheap Tickets, Fareportal , Tingo and Otel so you can book your Hotel Marques de Riscal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.