I had no seen the TV programme only heard other peoples views. The Chateau was beautiful, it has been furnished and finished to a very high standard and the rooms are very comfortable. It is situated in a small village which has some wonderful scenery. The service was second to none and the food , served in the old chapel is exceptional. Very freindly and homely atmosphere. Brataslava is a beautiful city and must be visited and the small town of Piestany is stunning. The chateau has exellent spa treatments and the spa in piestany is a must.
Although there is still some work to be done outside and on the upper floor do not let this cloud your judgement, our party of four had a wonderful time and great fun. We would all recommend a visit to The Chateau and Ann and David were very gracious and attentive hosts, nothing was too much for them.
- Also Known As:
- The Chateau Hotel Salgovce
- The Chateau Hotel
- Chateau Hotel Piestany
- The Chateau Slovakia/Salgovce
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in Baroque style in 1767, Chateau Salgovce has been lovingly restored to its former glory, and transformed into luxurious accommodation. The Chateau is just 7 miles from the world-famous spa town of Piestany, and less than an hour from Slovakia's beautiful capital, Bratislava. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your The Chateau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.