The hotel has lovely sweeping views of Porto Cervo and the marina district. That said, if you don't have a car, it's a bit of a problem to get into Porto Cervo. I had a car, so went to some of the neighboring towns.
Also, the hotel pool has lovely sweeping views of the area, and the breakfast area is perched over Porto Cervo, and I wanted to sit there all day basking in the sun and drinking in the view... The pool area has no umbrellas or shade, so you will be in the sun all day if you are out there. Bring a hat and your SPF!
My room was very basic, and a bit dated. It could have used some sprucing up for sure, but it was clean and comfortable enough. From what I saw of the area, most of the hotels seem to be a bit dated, unless you stay in an ultra-luxury hotel and pay 5 -10x the price of staying here. Overall, it was a good value for the money.
- Also Known As:
- Balocco Hotel Porto Cervo
- Balocco Hotel Sardinia/Porto Cervo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Balocco Hotel is located in the north-east of Sardinia, in one of the most exclusive areas of Costa Smeralda, between Porto Cervo and Liscia Di Vacca, close to Marina Nuova, Pevero and Liscia Ruja.The hotel has the Costa Smeralda’s architecture and is built in a very quiet area surrounded by mediterranean vegetation.It offers 41 rooms 8 of which are junior suites and suites, with a fantastic view and it is easly connected to many facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Splendia, Priceline, Otel, Travelocity, Olotels and Hotels.com so you can book your Balocco Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.