We booked a standard room as a late minute option for a quiet night away. Relatively expensive for a very small, average standard room with a bed akin to a bouncy castle. The ensuite was adequate at best with a shower that requires updating.
However, that's where the negatives end, the staff are lovely and make you feel incredibly welcome, happy to help at all times and make an effort to ensure your stay is pleasurable. Something that many hotels now lack it would seem.
Breakfast was by far the best we have had in a hotel with a huge choice on the hot buffet and eggs cooked to order, all good quality food cooked well and not sitting around for hours drying out.
We would consider staying here again but never in a standard room, standard rooms are overpriced and undersized and are really poor value for money.
- Also Known As:
- Highgate House, a Sundial Venue Hotel Northampton
- Highgate House, a Sundial Venue Hotel
- Highgate Hotel Northampton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Based in and around a seventeenth century mansion, Highgate House, although a conference venue, still has 98 superb bedrooms which are perfect for a restful night's sleep. The spacious rooms, housed in accommodation areas throughout the estate, are individually decorated, comfortable and beautifully appointed. There is a mixture of single, double and twin rooms. Highgate House offers superb food and leisure including indoor pool, gymnasium, sauna and tennis court. Visitbritain 4* Guest Accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Highgate House, A Sundial Venue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.