Travelling with Neilson Chalets L'Ours, and the staff (Colin, Dan & Jack), made our holiday into an very good experience.
Being a 1st time chalet board customer, I was wondering what I’d get for the extra money, but my experience of this chalet & staff has shown me the light, and will never be going back to self catering.
The staff were really friendly, and offered the highest standards of service. Colin looked after all the guest really well as chalet host. Dan cooked 5 out of 6 days, breakfast was always well presented in a continental style, with a few cooked options through the week.
Dinner was always on time, and served with unlimited bottled white & red wine. The quality of the meals provided was of the highest standard every night, it was as if I had ordered food from a top end London restaurant!! The food was so good that guest were asking for the recipes on a day to day basis!
The only down side was the size of the bedrooms, but was as expected from French chalets; though as so little time was spent in the room it didn't really bother me.
The facilities of the chalets we're pretty good swimming pool and sauna were a nice way to relax after a day on the slopes, but were a 3 min walk through the indoor car park to get their. 5-6 pm are times to avoid as the pool becomes full of kids and the sauna gets busy.
Located a 2 min walk from the nursery slope and 1 minute walk from après ski Chalets L'Ours was ideally situated. Though the main square and ski hire was a loner walk using the towns lifts (elevators)
All in all a thoroughly nice trip, with great food and service
- Also Known As:
- Chalets l`Ours Brun Hotel
- Chalets l`Ours Brun Hotel Les Arcs
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chalet L'Ours Brun, in this excellent residence, which offers the finest chalet apartments anywhere in Arc 2000 is furnished and fitted in a high quality, comfortable style. The chalet has satellite TV and a fireplaceAll Total guests have free use of the indoor swimming-pool in the adjacent Altitude Residence.Access to the slopes could not be simpler, with the pistes and nearest ski-lift just 250m from the residence's front door, for swift and easy access to and from the slopes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Chalets L'Ours Brun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.