Our family of 4 booked the 3D2N Discover Belum Package which included 2 night accommodation, 2 breakfast, 2 dinners, night trekking, full day tour and kayaking/bamboo rafting for RM 638 per person.. The resort is isolated and very difficult to get to without a car. We were traveling from Penang and ended up getting a bus to Baling then another bus to Gerik then a taxi to the resort. We ended up paying for a taxi to take us on to Kota Bharu . The day tour was quite good though a lot of time is spent on the boat and we did not see any wildlife except insects. We were fortunate that the Rafta flower was flowering. Anyone with reasonable fitness can do the short walks on the tour because they are not very long, recommend sturdy shoes as it can be slippery in places. The night trek was OK but with the Kayaki we were left waiting and it took 2 follow ups before someone came. We ended up being only able to do it for 1 hour. The breakfasts were good and the first night for dinner it was a buffet and the second night we were able to chose from a limited menu. Be aware that food at this resort is very expensive and there are no alternatives. A small can of soft drink was RM8.
Currently I can not recommend this resort as they are still building it and the building work is quite noisy. Unless you do the tours there is very little to do. I think this place has great potential once the building work is completed but I think they should focus of developing the tours and not trying to be a 5 star resort.
- Also Known As:
- Belum Rainforest Hotel Gerik
- Belum Rainforest Hotel
- Belum Rainforest Resort Malaysia/Gerik
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belum Rainforest Resort is one of Malaysia's premier ecotourism holiday destinations. Set in the midst of a tropical paradise, Pulau Banding, the Belum Rainforest Resort, is everything nature-lovers and holiday-goers expect in a getaway destination: complete relaxation and serenity, stunning views and surroundings, adventure, and the chance to get close to nature.With the Belum-Temengor Rainforest literally at their doorstep, guests at the resort will have a rare opportunity to experience the soothing beauty and mystery of the vast jungle, which has remained untouched for centuries. Nature lovers will revel at the chance to observe the beauty of plants and scenery that can be found only rarely elsewhere. Meanwhile, thrilling outdoor activities await adventure seekers who crave for adrenaline-pumping experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Belum Rainforest Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.