This hotel is in an excellent location, close to the gargantuan Palais de Justice (apart from the dome, cloaked in scaffolding for a clean up while we were there), and accessible to decent (and some designer, if that's your thing) shops in the Louise area. It is a 30 minute walk to the Grand Place and close to the charming Sablon area. It is about 100m from the Metro Louise station.
Our standard room on the sixth floor was excellent and quiet with good views across the city. The super king bed was incredibly comfortable, enhanced with an excellent topper. Facilities in the room were also great - a decent sized TV, with a large selection of channels and a good Bose sound system. The bathroom had a wonderful high powered shower and was a reasonable size.
The staff were without exception friendly, efficient and helpful. Only the entrance to the hotel is at street level with escalators up to reception. The public areas are clean and modern, with a decent bar and an outside seating area if the weather is warm.
I concur with previous reviewers about prices. We got a deal and were charged about £80 per night for a three night stay room only, so shop around. It can be more expensive to book direct. I suspect prices will also vary enormously depending on when you stay. Charges for breakfast were 29 euros for the full deal so we ate breakfast at the perfectly adequate (and in some cases more than adequate) cafes close by. There is tea and coffee making facilities in the room for those that require an early morning caffeine fix. The wifi charge at the equivalent of about 24 euros per day was an absurd price, given that there are an increasing number of cafe and other outlets with free access.
My guess is that the hotel, like many other hotels, restaurants and bars in the city, takes advantage of business travellers with vastly inflated expense accounts - a diminishing breed perhaps, so shop around. There are excellent places at reasonable prices!
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Brussels Le Louise Hotel Ixelles
- Sofitel Brussels Le Louise Hotel
- Sofitel Brussels
- Accor Brussels Le Louise
- Brussels Sofitel
- Sofitel Brussels Le Louise Belgium
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Sofitel Brussels Le Louise a luxury hotel in Brussels prestigious Avenue Louise district nestled amid quiet streets lined with chestnut trees designer boutiques and art deco mansions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, Tablet Hotels, Priceline, ACCOR, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Venere, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel Brussels Le Louise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.