The bad thing about Ibis hotels are that they are Ibis's :-) The good thing being that its a consistently standard experience with no surprises - ok bed, ok bathroom, basic closet etc.
Having said that, the Ibis Brussels carries no surprises but its location literally opposite the Midi train station pays off. I have come off many a late evening train or from the airport and the simple convenience of being close to the trains and esp. the Metro is fantastic.
Compared to the rip off hotel prices in Brussels, this one is decently priced. I haven't tried the Ibis breakfast (which I find overpriced in general) though there are so many eateries inside Gare Midi that its easy.
One downside of the hotel is that there are not too many walkable restaurants but the Metro access compensates for that
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Brussels Centre Gare Midi Hotel
- Ibis Brussels Centre Gare Midi Hotel Saint-Gilles
- Accor Brussels Centre Gare Midi
- Ibis Brussels Centre Gare Midi Belgium
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated ibis Brussels Centre Gare Midi hotel is located just a few steps from the south entry to the railway station, from which international trains such as the Thalys and Eurostar depart. The famous Grand Place and Notre Dame Du Sablon church are 2 km from the hotel. Book one of our 225 spacious air conditioned rooms and benefit from our amenities, a restaurant, a bar with snacks available 24hrs, pay parking and a meeting room for conferences. Business guests will appreciate use of WiFi Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Otel, Orbitz, ACCOR, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Ibis Brussels Centre Gare Midi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.