Phagwara, Punjab is a place of extreme contrast and social standings. It is also a hectic, dusty and manic place too.
Therefore the Hotel Cabbana was like a peaceful sanctuary. It's facilties are right up there with the better Western European 4/5 Star hotels, and the site is an impressively sprawling and well maintained.
I should add that I stayed from Mon - Sat, and it was pretty quiet all week - obviously not wedding season, as touched on by other reviews.
1) Uniformed Guard at front door, as well as alot of security on the approach in. Also another guard at the entrace to the bedroom block. Nice feeling of security, although do not be alarmed - I think this was as much for appearance, other than anything sinister about the area ! Phagwara is relatively safe, in my opinion - during the day, at least !
2) Free buffet breakfast.... good attempt at catering for Indian, Chinese, UK and Euro cuisines. Chefs will also cook omlettes and Parathas to order,with yor choice of fillings.
3) Same can be said of the chargeable evening buffet dinner... good fare, and live music too !
Expect to pay about £10 per head, if you include a couple of beers.
4) Bar - Attentive service, and nice selection of food available too.
However, there were some shortcomings....
1) Staff, although keen, are a bit young and clueless... so you really need to impress your point to them in order to get a result. I can speak English AND Punjabi,so it was definitely not due to language difficulties.
2) My room had a few dead power sockets (NO TV !) and a few dead light bulbs, right over the bathroom mirror. I reported this, but no action was ever taken.
3) No hotel portfolio in the rooms, so no idea of the full facilities available.
4) Coffee is awful... weak and milky ! : - (
I stayed in a PREMIUM room.. very nice and spacious, with lovely supportive bed. Bathroom was nice and clean, but sometimes the water was not always very hot.
Overall - best place to stay in the area, without a doubt, especially if you like your nicer creature comforts. Definitely stay here if you have a family, as it feels safe and secure.
emails to central reservations never appear to be replied to. Therefore, you need to phone them dire...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC