We have just returned after spending 14 fantastic nights at the Mantra Samui resort and would like to thank all the staff for making our stay such a pleasant one!
The resort is set up in the mountains so offers spectacular views of the coast. The climbs up to room from reception/ or to pool and restaurant are very steep but you can always call for a buggy to take you if you do not like to walk.
We stayed in a Love room, which is big with a nice big bed. There was a jacuzzi and double beanbag sun lounger on balcony. Although the room and balcony were certainly big enough, there was no table to sit and eat/drink at, though wasn't a huge problem for us but think would have been easier to drink/eat in room. The shower wasn't great, water pressure is pretty bad and as a result the temperature wasn't always constant, there was also a stale smell in there even after cleaned. Overall though, we loved the room, it was kept clean and very comfortable and great air conditioning.
Breakfast (which is included in room rate) is absolutely superb! There is a wide variety of fresh fruits, meats, pastries, hot Thai dishes and you can order eggs any way you like. As other guests have mentioned, the banana pancakes were fabulous! You can also get as much fresh coffee/ Tea as you wish (including fancy ones like frappuccino/ cappuccino/ latte etc).
Lunch/ dinner menu is good although it is a lot more expensive than other restaurants which is understandable for a 5 star hotel. The thing we found most frustrating with the menu is the portion sizes are not consistent, some of the main dishes were big but others were very small.
The Pool, is a good size and like the rooms has a breathtaking view. You are giving refreshing shots of fruit smoothies to cool you down and there is complimentary iced water available to keep you hydrated. There are not many sunbeds around the pool although there rarely seemed to be a problem with finding one. The single sun beds were a lot more comfortable than the doubles, which had become quite misshapen. The beanbag sunbeds look quirky but are really not that comfortable and take up quite a bit of space, maybe more conventional sun loungers would be more appropriate. There seemed to be plenty of umbrellas to go around and whilst we were there that added wheels to bottom to make it easier to move them around between the beds.
The Gym is very well equipped and my partner liked that you could order pre/post work out health drinks and also get protien shakes from the gym. There is also complimentary yoga/Pilates classes you can attend.
The Spa seemed good, my partner had a Thai massage there which he enjoyed. We also arranged a spa day at Tamarind Springs which was great.
The staff were really helpful with arranging tours/ excursions and had some good recommendations.
There are several complimentary shuttle bus services throughout the day to both Chaweng beach and Fisherman's Village. We used these nearly every day, we personally preferred Fisherman's village and wished that there was a later shuttle back from there as 8:15 is a bit early to heading home though you can get a taxi for 300 baht.
The location of the hotel would not be a problem if the roads were usable, some taxis were a little reluctant to take you as the road up to the hotel badly needs resurfacing, there are potholes, cracks and craters!! it was a little embarrassing, when coming back from one of our day trips the bus driver had to kick all the passengers out in the blistering heat so he could drop us up to the hotel to minimise the damage to his van! I'm not sure who would be responsible for the upkeep of the road but hotel should definitely be perusing this for the comfort and safety of its guests.
Check in/ out was very smooth, we were greated on arrival with cold towels and fruit juice.
Overall, we really enjoyed our time staying at Mantra and would recommend to others wanting a special stay in Koh Samui.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Samui Hotel
- Mantra Samui Hotel Bophut
- Mantra Samui Resort Koh Samui/Bophut
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mantra Samui Boutique Resort***** is located 10 minutes from Bophut Beach with our complimentary shuttle service (provided multiple times a day)or with a scooter or a car. Enjoy our amazing range of Facilities that include: Squash Courts, Himalayan Salt Yoga Studio, Steam Room and Sauna, Fully Equipped Fitness Center, Two Restaurants, Swim Up Bar, a Cinema, a Kids Club and a Game Room. An amazing Sea View can be enjoyed from all of the WOW, LOVE, COZY and GRAND rooms.Most importantly The Five Star Mantra has the friendliest and most professional staff on the island ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, Venere, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Mantra Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.