25 days in 10 months
Having spent nearly 4 weeks at Six Senses Samui in the last 10 months, we feel quite able to give a qualified opinion.
Short version: HEAVEN ON EARTH!!!!
• Staff and management: Thank you for understanding the guest! We miss and love your smiles, your professionalism and your heart-felt care. Cannot wait to come back!
• Airport pick-up: Friendly, discrete, competent by one of the butlers.
• Transfer: Excellent and considerate drivers, immediately being offered cold water und the signature Six Senses lemon grass towels to freshen-up. Makes one feel coddled and cared for right away.
• Arrival and check-in: Warm, personal and heart-felt – like coming home to a family. They make it blindingly clear that you can leave all your troubles at the check-in. You are introduced to your personal butler, who will be at your disposal during your entire stay.
• Butler: Personal assistant and single point of contact for any and all of your needs. Let them know your wishes and it is their pride to make it happen. It is our experience that they try to and manage to preempt many wishes and requests. We have experienced this with Bo, Joy, and Pui - so enjoy!
• Pu: We need to highlight our butler Pu: she is a magician!!! And one of the main reasons for us to keep coming back to this wonderful place. Be careful what you ask for – she will make it happen without a doubt. In our case, we jokingly asked for a gecko for our villa (a good luck sign in Thailand). Pu got in contact with all of her colleagues incl. pest-control to find one. In the end, she surprised us with an unbelievable solution to our request: She taped toy geckos to our villa walls, windows, and bed. We have called her a mother hen before – this is a blatant understatement.
• Villa: Robinson Crusoe with all the amenities you could possibly need. Highlights are: the double outdoor showers, enormous sunk-in bathtub, private pool and deck and of course… THE VIEW! Of course, the villas also offer the full range of modern technology (blue ray, wifi, surround sound….). They are currently upgrading the coffee machines – but we feel, the villa is already perfect as it is.
• Breakfast: Enjoy! The smiles, the service, the food, the venue, the view. If this does not tick all of your boxes, nothing will. Has to be experienced to be believed. It is a true highlight of the day and we spent at least 1,5 hours everyday at breakfast.
• Dining on the hill: A hidden gem in plain view (overshadowed by its famous brother Dining on the rocks). Do not let the menu deceive you: The cook is a genius and Michelangelo with food. The thai cuisine is great, but the international fusion cuisine is out of this world. We feel, all of the ingredients are there for this to become one of the most famous restaurants in Thailand. And the new restaurant manager Gayan is highly committed, extremely customer-oriented and visionary enough to make this happen. We are already dreaming about our next meal there. The friendly and service-oriented staff are another major reason to be there.
• Dining on the rocks: Is and remains the non-plus-ultra. Believe all that you have heard about it. Perfect food, staff and management at an surreal venue.
• Drinks on the hill: Great drinks, great swing sofas, beautiful view, enormous drinks list, complimentary use of laptop computers with internet (the whole resort has free wifi for its guests).
• Spa: Serene, tranquil, competent, friendly and professional service. Lots of small touches that make the experience and surroundings special. Separate men’s and women’s sauna and steam room, numerous complimentary classes to try out Yoga, Tai Chi, or Pilates etc. Fitness rooms are well-equipped (call 30 minutes before use to ensure the AC is turned on). During our last stay there unfortunately was not any candied ginger in the relaxation areas, which used to be a very special touch (however, we understand, that this is coming back).
• Infinity pool: In case your villa pool feels too small. See it, dive in, enjoy, never leave.
• The beach: Secluded bay with stunning view, a natural reserve, so watch out for coral. Drinks and food are excellent. Water sport equipment disappointing this last stay, but we understand, that new equipment is on the way. Staff is friendly and helpful, but we would suggest a more experienced equipment manager.
• LIFE center: Fantastic and underutilized resource. They even organize complimentary thai lessons, which are a lot of fun and very useful.
- Also Known As:
- Six Senses Samui Hotel
- 6 Senses Samui
- Six Senses Samui Hotel Bophut
- Six Senses Hideaway Samui
- Six Senses Samui Koh Samui/Bophut
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Splendia, Tablet Hotels, Otel, Olotels, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Six Senses Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.