We stayed for one week at the end of July with our son in a pool villa. Love'd the villa. Big rooms, bath-tub, inside and outside shower, nice, cool pool. It was such a treat to have so much privacy, and to chill out in our own garden.
The resort is truly beautiful, with lush gardens all around. Sunbeds around the pool were always full by the time we woke up, but no problem, there were always sunbeds available on the beach.
Breakfast was lovely, so much variety. But the food in the restaurants were not so good. Where has the spicy tast of Thailand gone? Not a chili to spot anywhere, and blend food was all we got. Lunch by the pool varied from cold and slow to fast and hot, but still not so very tasty. Please please add some taste.
That beeing said, the shakes and drinks were yummy, and we enjoyed many:)
We tried the cooking class, but must admit it was a bit of a dissapointment. We learned nothing. Everything was prepaired before we arrived, all we got to do was chop a little bit, but no explanation on tastes of Thailand. The english was not good, so we just gave up asking questions. If you want a cooking class, don't do it here. Go to Time for Lime in Koh Lanta for the best class in Thailand.
The Spa at the beach was wonderful (it is not a Melati Spa), do try it!
I tried the Melati Spa, had a facial and a oil head massage and even colored my hair. All good experiences.
The staff at the hotel is super friendly, and we must give extra kudos to Ivan, a fun guy to talk to, and so helpful.
We booked a safari trip with elephant ride, and got a breakfast bag from the hotel. Haha. That was so nice. We were the only ones on the safari pickup with food bags:) Thank you!
We highly recommend this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Melati Beach Hotel Bophut
- Melati Beach Resort And Spa
- Melati Beach Hotel
- Melati Beach Resort & Spa Koh Samui/Bophut
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Melati’s 79 Villas & Suites are a minimum of seventy seven square meters of indoor-outdoor living space with more than seventy percent of all accommodation featuring personal swimming pools. The Resort is embraced by an expansive and lush tropical landscape, featuring a magnificent seven level waterfall accented by Melati’s exclusive seven tier service plan making Melati Beach Resort the ideal destination for those seeking indulgent romance and true relaxation. Melati also features not one but two central pool areas. Located beach front is a massive infinity pool known as The See with amazing views of neighboring islands, a swim-up pool bar and adjacent kids club. The See is the perfect place for those young in years or simply young at heart to while away the day in chilled out comfort; a place to be seen and a place to see. And for those seeking peace and quiet the Sanctuary Pool is a sunken oasis of pleasure reserved for adults only.Further accenting the guest experience are two restaurants, pool bar, lounge, full service spa with beauty salon, fitness center, yoga sala, meditation garden, tour & excursion desk and gift shop. Additionally the resort offers daily activities, limited yet complimentary wifi access for those in need, a complimentary Mac Internet Zone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Splendia, Priceline, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Melati Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.