Hi. We are into our 7th day at the Radisson starting at 7 Sept 2012 and will be leaving after another 7 more days. Our holiday is a holiday away from our earthquake damage property in Christchurch New Zealand, to give you an idea of our 14 days away. Our house is the last one in our street to survive, but still awaiting a full inspection (2 years after the first earthquake). One side of the street never to be built on again.
So I used tripadvisor to find a quiet location, with a good swimming pool. Can confirm previous good comments other reviewers. Our room a quiet Deluxe room ( no sea or pool views ) but a private partially enclosed verandah. Spacious bedroom super king bed and 32cm Samsung TV
About 30 TV channels provided.... Some English.
Good sized bathroom with shower and bath, separate toilet. safe and fridge provided.
Yes. Radisson is away from the shops, but hotel provides free shuttle drop off and pickup to Central Festival shopping mall. Also to Phuket Town. Distance from Hotel to Mall approx 20 minutes drive. Cost if you want to taxi.... Barter down from 700 they wanted to 400bht.
To go across to Patong from hotel the hotel provide a shuttle for 350bht per person leaving at 7pm and pickup 11pm.
Cheaper to get a taxi across the road from hotel, they want 700 BHT.
For us we got a taxi from Phuket town across to Patong for 600bht. They day we did this trip it was pouring with rain so just wanted to stay inside the shops/markets. Jungcelyon shopping centre in Patong filled the day in for us along with the markets.
Market price for a " Polo top shirt " they want 650 but you get them for 200bht and I suspect even 150 BHT if you more than 5.
We intended on staying on and seeing the night life but too wet. taxi back from Patong to Radisson 500bht.
While I write this it is pouring with rain, but it is the wet season and still nice and warm. Two days of rain out of 7 not bad, usually rains in the late evening.
Tip: Bring a washing line as they only provide a rack to hang wet washing.
Also if you bring in duty free alcohol make sure they seal it in a bag. So if you transit thru like we did from NZ to Bangkok then onto Phuket. the alcohol you purchased in NZ does not go on from Bangkok unless sealed in the bag. We advised duty free our final destination and they knew the rules.
Finally if you want a quiet time away from the " ping pong / candle shows " massages and booze barns in Patong I can recommend the Raddison.
Roll on the next 7 days.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Plaza Resort Phuket Panwa Beach Hotel Cape Panwa
- Radisson Blu Plaza Resort Phuket Panwa Beach Hotel
- Radisson Blu Plaza Resort Phuket Panwa Beach Cape Panwa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort features 211 guest accommodations in contemporary Thai décor including spacious Pool Villas, three free form swimming pools, a children’s pool with waterside, a well-being spa, fitness center, complimentary non-motorized water sports, and free wireless access throughout the Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Olotels, HotelTravel.com and Otel so you can book your Radisson Blu Plaza Resort Phuket Panwa Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.