I thought long and hard about what I wanted to say in order to be fair, truthful and forth coming. Just got back from my vacation at the Cocobay resort. When I arrived I was pleasantly greeted by Phyliss, Duane and Tamika. They made me feel welcome after a tough afternoon going through customs. If you go you have to meet Shasha, Keva, Robert and "C". They were my favorite bartendars and barmaids at the infinity pool. Make sure you have Craig or Jamarly as your night waiter, they are FABULOUS and very professional. For breakfast make sure you have Sonja flip you an omlet. She has skills with the grill. Sakia is the barmaid for the upper poolside she can make an Pina Colada that is OUT OF THIS WORLD. For the most part everyone was nice and accomodating, especially the housekeepers. They kept my room nice and put together and was always willing to get whatever I needed. I found Vilma, Duane and the guy who works the night shift (which work at the front desk) to be more accomodating to guests than the others. The others seemed quite condescending or passive aggressive at times.......If you need a taxi or transportation guide ask for Vernon Amin. He's a great resource to have around.
One thing I didn't like was the fact that there were no televisions or air conditioners in my room. During my stay there were tropical storm watches and I had no way of knowing if I needed to make flight adjustments in lieu of the storm however, they did have a room on site with a television BUT everytime I would go into the room the staff would be watching the soccer games so I was unable to see what was going on with the weather. Needless to say, I had to stay over 3 days UNPLANNED because of flight cancellation but found out at the last minute. Had the appropriate communication devices been in the rooms, even a clock radio, I would have been informed properly and would not have undergone such hardship in having to stay an extra 3 days which was QUITE expensive. I was in room 29, see if you can avoid any of the rooms on that side of the resort because there is a club that plays music really loud all during the night and it's hard to get to sleep.
All and all I had an okay Birthday holiday however, I don't think I will be returning to that particular resort. There are so many others that I've heard great things about so IF I return, I think I'll try another.
- Also Known As:
- Cocobay Hotel
- Cocobay Hotel Bolans
- Coco Bay Antigua
- Cocobay Resort All Inclusive
- Cocobay Antigua
- Cocobay Hotel Antigua
- Cocobay Resort Antigua
- Cocobay Resort Antigua, Antigua And Barbuda
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A colorful collection of quaint wooden cottages set on a breezy hillside bordered by three white sand beaches, Cocobay offers quiet relaxation and privacy in a rustic, romantic setting. The 49 cottages and 4 plantation houses each boast large verandahs with easy chairs, hammocks and striking sea views. Rooms include hand made wooden furniture, ceiling fans, mini fridge, shower, hair dryer, coffee maker and in-room safe. Seafront rooms include air- conditioning and private plunge pools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Cocobay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.