this is the first review i have ever left but after reading some of the bad reviews i had to have my say. i stayed here just over a year ago along with my partner and 8 year old son so it is a little belated i will admit. the hotel was clean the staff friendly and the food was fantastic value.
i will say that there is little else to do in the area but if you are looking for a relaxing holiday with the minimum temptation to spend more money then this is the place for you. if on the other hand you like shops and markets the capital Mahon is a short bus ride away and this stops right outside the hotel. a few hundred yards from the hotel is an idyllic little cove with crystal clear waters and a white sandy beach which we had to ourselves most of the time probably due to the fact that the hotel pool was so good. while the beach is not far away it is situated downhill which obviously means there is a uphill walk back to the hotel.
i found that the restaurant catered for all fantastic choice for adults and children with good quality food (especially the fish) which was topped up constantly with plenty for all.
my son only attended the childrens club once during our holiday which was on the last day and the only thing that he was disappointed in was the fact that he didn't have chance to go back!
each to their own as they say but i loved it and i have just told my son that i have booked to go back next year and to say he is excited is an understatement.
- Also Known As:
- Grupotel Mar De Menorca Hotel Cala Canutells
- Grupotel Mar De Menorca Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Southeastern part of Menorca, 200m from Cala Canutells beach, 13 km from Mahon. Well equipped terraced rooms, excellent views. Low-rise buildings, surrounded by extensive gardens. Particularly attractive for families. Studios & Apartments: kitchen, sat-TV, terrace or balcony, living room with sofas bed. Sport & Leisure: Swimming pool, children´s pool. tennis courts. Gym. Minigolf. Miniclub. Evening shows. Gastronomy: Breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet. Lounge & Pool bar with terrace. Services: Babysitting service. Car rental. Bicycles. Internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Grupotel Mar de Menorca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.