Just got back yesterday from a wonderful week at the Aqua-Mar Aparthotel.
LOCATION- to set the scene, the resort of Olhos de Agua is actually about 3-4 miles out of Albufeira town centre, but don't let this put you off- quite the opposite. The resort is a lovely place with a nice mix of locals and tourists, it's quiet and clean (the beach is immaculate and very child friendly), and the resort is self contained. There are no shortage of restaurants and bars, most of which offer free WiFi, and a supermarket in easy walking distance.
We did venture to central Albufeira by bus (2.5 euros. You could get a taxi from the rank outside the hotel, this will be about 7 euros), but it was the typically 'British' geared resort- lots of 'English Breakfast' signage and places selling chips. However, the beach was nice, if a little busy, and we were glad to come back to the relative tranquility of Olhos de Agua.
HOTEL- ok, the hotel itself was very impressive overall. Let me list the good points:
* Large apartment, separate living room/ kitchen/ bedroom/ bathroom
* two balconies, we had a pool view which got the sun in the evening- lovely for a relaxing glass of wine as the day cools
* great location for beach, just down the hill 5 mins walk
* decor in the rooms was modern, lots of solid wood everywhere
* blackout blinds behind the curtains which was a very welcome touch
* tastefully decorated facade
* reasonably priced bar area
* beds comfy
* tranquil by day, quiet by night
* cold fridge, spacious
* plenty of loungers by the pool
* free WIFI! It's only in the reception area, but as WiFi is magic, it flies through the air and you can pick it up by the pool or on the balcony if you are near enough to reception
* friendly staff
All in all, it was a very comfy stay, the staff were very friendly and couldn't help you enough. Room was regularly cleaned, even did some washing up which I felt very guilty about and made sure it was done ASAP by us!
* no toast tray in the grill, made making toast a little slow and thus dry. I think you could hire a kettle and toaster, but meh- using the microwave to boil water is hardly a big deal.
* not the prettiest pool area- someone has mentioned the grass struggling to grow- if it was properly grown, would be much prettier
* pay for TV. We didn't bother tbh, really wasn't something of interest but some people might consider this a negative
* bar looked deserted of staff most of the time
* pool not heated or chlorinated- again, this may be a positive or negative depending on your outlook. It was however, cleaned regularly.
Very hard to find any proper negatives, the above is nit-picking really.
All in all, we had a brilliant stay, fell in love with Olhos de Agua and will definitely return to this hotel, not something we say very much! The resort is cosy and lovely, much nicer than main Albufeira.
You want rooms 202, 204, 206 or 208- they have pool views, are on the upper floor and get evening su...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC