While touring around in early November, we were booked here for 1 night. We were welcomed with a glass of port and given a lovely room with a balcony and a stunning view of the Douro River Valley. We enjoyed the gardens and the pool area although it was too cool to take advantage of the pool Yes, things are a little decaying, but that is part of the charm. My husband required some medical attention, and although it was a holiday, the staff went out of their way to locate a doctor for him to see a short distance away. The meals were lovely as well. Would highly reccomend Solar da Rede.
- Also Known As:
- Pousada Cs Solar Da Rede Hotel
- Pousada Cs Solar Da Rede Hotel Mesao Frio
- Pousada De Mesao Frio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pousada CS Solar da Rede today is the perfect reflection of the hillsides of Douro. Proud and beautiful as only that privileged landscape knows how to be, this estate from the 18th century opens a broad window onto the oldest demarcated region in the world, a world heritage site. This magnificent manor situated on a 40-hectare property was turned into an Historical Pousada after massive renovation work to preserve its architecture and offer every comfort to its guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Orbitz so you can book your Pousada CS Solar da Rede reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.