First - I have no complaints about the resort. I really enjoyed it. I loved the food. I loved the Spa. I loved the pool. And I had no problems whatsoever with any staff or actually with anyone while in Panama. Second - I am late doing all my reviews so I choose October 2011 but my trip was actually January 2011. The weather was fab. We stayed for a week and I quickly discovered why most people only stay a few days. There really isn't a whole lot to do! I usually love to do nothing on vacation but I also like to be able get up and go when I feel like it. I didn't rent a car because of all the reviews I read online about the atrocious driving, roads etc and they were correct!! On our way from the airport to the resort we witnessed 3 accidents!! But I missed not having the car. If I had a re do I would rent. We did however hire a driver and car for a couple of days. That is how we got to see the wonderful, spectacular canal. So worth the trip to Panama to see how it all works. Our driver took us around Panama City. Very interesting. He was a good guide. we also are sorry that I didn't plan things a bit better. If I had it to do all over again I would definitely stay at the resort for few days while driving up the coast to Costa Rica and fit that in also. But I didn't and now I get to go back to do that hopefully. I loved the food. We made reservations 2 evenings at the Restaurant - can't remember the name but its right by the restaurant that has the buffets. The food was outstanding but you definitely didn't need reservations. Enjoy!
- Also Known As:
- Gamboa Rainforest Hotel Gamboa
- Gamboa Rain Forest Resort
- Gamboa Rainforest Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 30 minutes from Panama City, Gamboa Rainforest Resort is a unique property nearby the Soberania National Park Rainforest, on the banks of the Chagres River and Panama Canal. Enjoy the exotic retreat far from the noise and bustle of the city.Colorful sights, natural wildlife and our luxurious accommodations make the Gamboa Rainforest Resort a one-of-a-kind experience for Panama vacations. Escape to this jungle paradise as a couple, with your entire family, or plan any kind of meeting; from a get-together to a Convention to encounter nature without leaving the comforts of a full-service exotic resort. We invite you to discover the Gamboa Rainforest Resort near Panama City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Gamboa Rainforest Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.