Service service service is most definitely not priority at this otherwise wonderful hotel set in a former Mexican sugar cane hacienda in the State of Morelos.
Let's start by the location. The Hacienda is close to Mexico City on the Carretera del Sol, the highway leading to Acapulco, just minutes away from the eternal spring city of Cuernavaca. Hacienda San Antonio El Puente is quite easy to find and offers its guests a parking area that is included in the price of the room.
Everything else is not included, or not as promised and this is the actual problem at this Hotel.
Nothing is included though they seem to pretend it is. Everything promised upon reservation turns out was not included and represents a surcharge.
The service is not at par with the service the Mexican tourism industry is known for and loved.
It seemed no one was in charge and the staff was either new or untrained. No one had the power to make things happen and to solve guests queries in an satisfactory manner.
Bar and restaurant service around the pool is not poor, it's inexistant and so slow the hang over has time to set in between each drink.
It is not a bad hotel, nor a bad location. Not at all. It's actually very pretty. It unfortunately needs management changes, staff training and the owners need to be reminded of a small but oh so important equation of quality/price ratio which is totally lacking at San Antonio El Puente. The service plus in a 5 star hotel is paid in the high fee of reservation, not every time you get a smile. You leave feeling like you got ripped off. Like you paid for a 5 star hotel room and every extra towel was charged, every soap was counted and the service was provided drop by drop.
Unfortunately, I will not be recommending this hotel nor will I be going back. I felt it was a fraud and I felt cheated and abused. The only thing that was face value was the parking garage, included and not charged in addition to the room.
A chocolate on the pillow goes a long way with customers. This hotel most definitely does not grasp the concept.
- Also Known As:
- Fiesta Americana Hacienda San Antonio El Puente Cuernavaca Hotel
- Fiesta Americana Hacienda San Antonio El Puente Cuernavaca Hotel Xochitepec
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hacienda San Antonio El Puente is located 15 minutes from Cuernavaca, the city of Eterna Primavera (Eternal Spring) and near the historic archaeological area of Xochicalco. The hotel’s 50 rooms are exquisitely detailed in an environment of classic hacienda architecture surrounded by lush private gardens. Hacienda San Antonio El Puente hospitality is distinguished by personalized service in an atmosphere that blends luxurious comfort, award-winning cuisine, and contemporary conveniences, with traditional colors, textures, and artworks from the local area. Because of the region's historic ruins, recreational options, and outstanding weather year-round, Cuernavaca is an ideal destination for business travelers, weddings, honeymoons, and family vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Venere, Priceline, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Fiesta Americana Hacienda San Antonio El Puente Cuernavaca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.