Arriving here after a full day of sightseeing, it was a pleasant surprise to find this small hotel. We were a bit apprehensive about hotels in Bhutan but came with an open mind and an adventurous spirit.
The location of this hotel is wonderful, it's situated on a river and the sound of the clean flowing water is extremely relaxing. Our room 305 was large, sparsely furnished with twin beds pushed together to form a king sized bed. The room was clean but very dimly lit. I would request the management to improve on this. The balcony outside the room was nice to sit, over looking the river and the twinkling lights of the town.
We were served hot tea with crackers and that was refreshing.
The bathroom has an enclosed shower which was nice.
The downside to the room was that the bathroom flooded every time you used the sink or took a shower as the drain back flowed!!! It was not too bad at night but in the morning the water almost came into the room. We were told that the drain was perhaps blocked. As we were staying only for one night it was not a problem for us but had we stayed longer than it would be most inconvenient.
Dinner and breakfast were really good. Service is excellent, always with a smile. There was not much choice but what was served was tasty and plentiful. Both meals are buffet style.
- Also Known As:
- Punatsangchhu Cottages Hotel
- Punatsangchhu Cottages Hotel Wangdue
- Punatsangchhu Cottages Bhutan/Wangdue
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Punatsangchhu Cottages is located midway from Wangdue & Punakha valley, spread over 18 acres. Our hotel is overlooking the Punatsangchhu River & also has a great view of Chimmy Lakhang & the new planned town. Punatsangchhu has a great team of well trained staff & will make you feel very much at home. ... more less