My partner and I originally booked the deluxe room, but upon arrival, upgraded to the Baray Villa. For people on a budget like us, the $100 or so per night was acceptable, but $350 per night for the villa was a little much. I strongly resisted and really gave him a hard time and put up a fight but in the end begrudgingly agreed. Boy was I humbled! When Nid (the personal assistang) showed us to our 'apartment', I was amazed. The amount of space was incredible! The bed was enormous, tub was huge, and at the end of the bed (on the SECOND floor) there is a tv and couch where you can soak your feet after walking the streets. You actually have a pool INSIDE your apartment (not heated because it's not really feasible given that it shares the water with the outdoor pool). While sitting in the pool INSIDE your villa, you can simply open the doors and swim out to your own personal pool in your backyard. From your own backyard pool, you can open gates to the shared pool (exclusive to those renting villas) which includes a waterfall and a pool bar. The only downfall is that the shared pool is closed upon sundown and wish that it was lighted so that we swim (and drink at the pool bar), after hours. With the villa comes breakfast delivered every morning...and it was delicious and room service is cheap otherwise and the restaurant's food is VERY good. Though the spa offered within the resort is nice and we did get massages there, go Island Massage just to the left of the entrance of the resort for an AMAZING 1 hour massage for $10-15 dollars.
Let me just put it this way, if you want to be in the middle of everything and the nightlife, stay at a resort in Patong. If you want to relax and enjoy your holiday, stay at Sawasdee Resort about 10 minutes beach walking. The villas at the place are amazing! I will admit, I've travelled a lot and always on a budget to get the most bang for my buck, but I will always be thankful that my boyfried was adamant that we upgrade. I am sure the deluxe rooms are great, but spend the extra money and get the villa...it's worth it!
- Also Known As:
- Sawasdee Village Hotel Kata Beach
- Sawasdee Village Kata
- Sawasdee Village Hotel Kata
- Sawasdee Village Phuket/Kata Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Art Resort in Phuket, Thailand… a Treasury of Exotic Thai Art & Culture… with the Senses of Peace and Healing. Art of Life… To fulfill the senses of living with 2 types of our accommodations; 40 Garden Deluxe rooms for easy and convenient lifestyle while The Baray Villa, the 1st Triple Pool Access Villa in Phuket, Thailand with all 14 Luxury Villas has the spacious space with luxurious design and the exclusive services of your personal assistant staff to customized all desires.We assured to heal your holidays in the peace of life with our Thai hospitality service. The awards from Tourism Authority of Thailand and TripAdvisor can guarantee your total experiences at our resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Splendia, Venere, Priceline, Travelocity, Otel, HostelBookers and Tingo so you can book your Sawasdee Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.