Perfect for relaxation in every way. We stayed for four nights at the end of a tour of Bali in which we stayed in five hotels. This was in a different league entirely.
Let's be honest it's not cheap but it's worth every penny.
Not for you if you want a lively hotel with lots of activities but great for anyone who like us loves peace and tranquility - not to mention luxury in abundance.
My favourite thing was breakfast. In general we spent a leisurely two hours indulging in the most perfect breakfast experience you can imagine. Sitting outside to enjoy the spectacular view over the infinity pool and the ocean. Immaculate service and gorgeous food washed down with a vast choice of tea, coffee, fruit juice and sparkling wine.
The villa itself (we paid for an ocean view villa) was spectacular. The villa pool is a good size - enough to swim lengths of about 15 strokes for my adequate breast stroke. Jacuzzi/ jet pool to enjoy. Three flatscreen TVs including one to watch in the bath, all supported by Bose sound system. Indoor and outdoor shower, a bathroom bigger than our lounge.
The only down for me was the evening restaurant experience. To be fair we only tried the Bambu restaurant, but this was let down by too much attentiveness, which at some point becomes intrusive. We couldn't enjoy the experience because literally every minute a member of staff would ask whether everything was okay or did we want something else. Even while reading the menu we were asked twice if there was some problem with the menu - No, we just want to look at it in peace! The impression was with about 4 staff hovering around you they were listening to your conversation to try and meet your needs. Stop it - it's just annoying. We would have liked to talk to each other, but no chance - mid sentence interruption is the order of the day.
My guess is that staff are under pressure to please, but if any hotel manager is reading this, please think again. Perhaps one member of staff per table with guidance not to be too obtrusive. Good service is almost invisible.
After our one visit to the restaurant we took our remaining evening meals in our villa. This was perfect - the food arrives, is laid out and then you are left in peace. Lovely!
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Ungasan, Bali Hotel
- Banyan Tree Ungasan, Bali Hotel Ungasan
- Banyan Tree Ungasan, Bali
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set high on the cliffs near to the Uluwatu Temple, Banyan Tree Ungasan brings definitive fine cliff top living to the renowned beach island of Bali. An all-pool villa resort located at the southernmost point of Bali, Banyan Tree Ungasan offers one of the best unparalleled views of the Indian Ocean, complete with a level of comfort and privacy synonymous with the Banyan Tree brand. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Splendia, Cheap Tickets, Tablet Hotels, Otel, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Amex, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Banyan Tree Ungasan, Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.