Can't really fault this hotel with anything that they can control. We travel a lot and always keep an open mind with star ratings in foreign countries.
The room was spacious and clean. Maid service every day apart from Sunday when they just empty the bins.
We travelled with my parents in law and us as a couple in our mid forties.
The food was superb with plenty of choice although you have to like salads. We could understand that the hot food range could be a little limited if you have children but we could find no fault and always had plenty of choice.
Unfortunately the hotel is next to a lake and marsh lands which do attract the mosquitos even at the beginning of May. The night time shows are held outside and although they light citronela candles, if you smell nice, you'll get bitten!
This is a fantastic hotel but they do cater for families with children. If you are a couple who don't want or appreciate children running around, you need to find an adult only hotel.
We over-heard two younger women with two young children say they had spent a fortune on meals out but it left us wondering what they ate at home!
There are six pools, three is two seperate areas. At the beginning of May, there was plenty of space but not sure what it would be like in July/August. The pool bars offer burgers, hot dogs, salad etc in both pool areas as well as the all inclusive drinks.
As we mentioned before, the hotel is faultless if, as a couple, you go when no children are there or as a family and everyone eats a wide range of food.
Apparently the hotel caters for 800 people when full so could be a completely different review.
- Also Known As:
- Lagotel Hotel Playa De Muro
- Lagotel Alcudia
- Lagotel Hotel
- Lagotel Majorca
- Lagotel Playa De Muro, Majorca
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A complex comprising hotel and apartments in the Platja de Muro, situated next to the natural park of s’Albufera. The park is formed by grassy areas, dunes and salt marshes and is of great ornithological and scenic value, and is surrounded by two gardens of approximately 200m² each with a lake and jetty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Lagotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.