After careful consideration we selected this hotel having contacted them to view the menus and the wine list. The far East can be very expensive for drinks and food and with this hotel being virtually in the middle of nowhere it is important that there was a good choice of food at not too high prices. The food was excellent with a great choice from Japanese through Italian, Thai and an excellent restaurant serving Australian and USA Steak plus a good selection of fresh fish. The wines are expensive but no more than any other 5 star hotel. Our cost of dining for lunch, Dinner in the evening, snacks in the day, drinks at the pool and after dinner came to around £170 per day. Two adults and one 7 year old girl. The £170 included lots of activities for our little girl in the Kids club.
We opted for a one bedroom suite on the third floor overlooking the sea and it was fantastic, well worth the extra. I spend my life in Far East Hotels on business and this is one of the best rooms I have ever stayed in. A massive balcony with Jucuzi, sun beds and plenty of space for an evening after dinner for drinks with new found friends. The bathroom was enormous with 2 showers and a huge bath that we gave up on as it took 35 minutes to fill, very luxurious. The room was spotless and well furnished to a good 5 star standard.
There are three main pools including a large kid's pool which was a bit noisy but that was our choice as the other pools were quite and relaxing. Service around the pool was excellent. No problem getting a sun bed except on a couple of days around the kid's pool but there were plenty of sun beds at all the other pools.
There is a resident couple of elephants one just a few months old and one a bit bigger. These were great fun going in the sea and rolling around with the kids. For a tip of £2 the keeper would let our little girl ride on the small ones back for quite a while. My partner has around 100 pictures to prove it.
The kid's club is very good with really lovely staff and lots of really interesting things to do, it is also right next to the kid's pool so you can be near by and not worry about them.
Great hotel, if you complain about this place you don't know what your talking about the staff are fantastic so friendly and helpful everyone is their just for you. Someone always finds fault but that's life. I read in a previous review that it was easy to get lost and the rooms were a long walk, absolute rubbish they must have drunk too much.
Anything to complain about, absolutely nothing except it's very, very hot and they get the odd Tsunami , 3 days after we left apparently but not a problem this time. No kids welcome bag given at the start of your stay I think I can suffer that.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Phuket Hotel Mai Khao
- Jw Marriott Phuket Resort And Spa
- Jw Marriott Mai Khao
- Jw Marriott Phuket Resort
- Marriott Phuket
- Phuket Marriott
- Jw Marriott Phuket
- JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa Mai Khao
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa is set in lush tropical gardens, with 17 kms of natural beachfront. Fifteen minutes north of the airport, the resort comprises 265 spacious rooms, including 13 suites, all facing towards the Andaman Sea. Facilities include eleven restaurants and bars, Thai cooking school, three magnificent pools, a Mandara Spa, shopping arcade and an activities-packed kids club. The fitness center includes two tennis courts, yoga sala. Golf available nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Otel, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.