After alot of research, we decided to stay at Ayara for the last four nights of our two week trip in Asia. What a great choice. The hotel was able to arrange pick-up and drop off from the airport. We were greeted with a nice fruit juice and hand sewn flower bracelet. The room was huge, well designed, and nicely decorated. We loved the stepping stones over a little pond into the room, the outdoor shower area and the porch. Our suite, a super deluxe courtyard seaview suite, was located about 1/3 to 1/2 of the way up the hill and we never heard the road. Climbing the steps was definitely a mini-workout but we managed and there was always the option of getting a buggy ride. The restaurant at the resort was amazing - we couldn't get enough! Truly some of the best food we had in Thailand. They also put on a very nice complementary breakfast.
The pool at the resort is beautiful. You could hear the road at times but it didn't really bother me. Again, the service was impeccable. While laying out, they came around offering cool towels and complimentary juice and little snacks. The resort also has a decent fitness center and a nice spa. Some of the spa packages are a great value - if I recall correctly, I had three services for 70USD.
The resort has a complimentary buggy service to the beach which is honestly only a 10 minute walk. We weren't too impressed by the beach though. Despite having a private area for Ayara guests, it was kinda crowded and not very well kept (i.e. cigarette butts everywhere). I much preferred the pool. The resort also can arrange shuttle service to Patong and another local city. We went to Patong one night and weren't really into the whole scene so we came back early. The resort also has staff that can assist in booking excursions. We went on a day trip to Ko Phi Phi which came out to about $100 per person (including shuttle service, boat ride, snorkel equipment and lunch), but it was totally worth it. Definitely one of the highlights of the entire trip.
Overall, Ayara is great value (especially if you pre-book) and just a fantastic resort in every way!
- Also Known As:
- Ayara Hilltops Hotel Thalang
- Ayara Hilltops Hotel
- Hotel Ayara Hilltops
- Ayara Hilltops Resort And Spa Phuket/Surin Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The days are yours to create, ours to fulfill. Caters to ADULTS only (No Children)(No extra beds). An enclave of 48 LUXURY SUITES set in 23 Villas amidst sloping exotic gardens, taking advantage of the arresting views offered by the emerald green Andaman Sea.Facilities and service are inspired by the single goal of helping each guest create their own journey of respite from the rigors of civilization.Whether you venture only as far as the boundaries of the resort or go further afield, the days are yours to create and ours to fulfill.Welcome to the private world of Ayara Hilltops! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Ayara Hilltops Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.