We stayed at the hotel from February 27 to March 2 and were in a second floor suite. First off, the staff were great and we felt welcomed no matter where - reception, the restaurant or the bar. Naudy at reception was great and very helpful. The hotel does not look over the beach and water but is more focused on the interior grounds and pool. We did not see this as a negative as the grounds look over the beach and the hotel is right on the beach. The hotel is slightly off the beaten path which we wanted too. If you want to get to Playa Flamingo, you can walk down the beach and in 30 minutes, you're there.
The suite was very spacious and if you can book a suite, I would recommend it. Breakfast was great and there was a lot but towards the end of breakfast, the selection started to run short but that is to be expected. And who wants to sleep in late when the hotel is such a relaxing place to enjoy? We read on here that the pool was not well maintained and that leaves were floating in the pool. We saw the staff skim the pool a couple times each day so they are truly taking care of it. The challenge is that the pool is lined with a lot of trees and other plants which were beautiful. It is hard to begrudge the hotel for leaves in the pool when such amazing vegetation surrounds the pool and rooms.
Overall, we enjoyed the hotel and would recommend it to others. We are already telling friends and family and thinking about a return trip.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Del Sol Beach Front Hotel Playa Potrero
- Bahia Del Sol Beach Front Hotel And Suites
- Bahia Del Sol Beach Front Hotel
- Bahia Del Sol Beach Front Hotel & Suites Costa Rica/Playa Potrero, Guanacaste
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bahia del Sol is located in Potrero Beach, a beautiful beach of warm tranquil waters on the Pacific Coast of Guanacaste. The Hotel offers the guests the quality of a 4 Star Beach Hotel with all the comforts, including Pool, Jacuzzi, and a Spa, framed in an impressive setting that includes tropical artistic gardens with centennial trees, a Tropical Garden with Native & Exotic plants , and an extensive beach front. The location is perfect for soaking in breathtaking views of the tranquil Potrero Bay, romantic long walks on the golden sands, basking in the rich sun and watching the spectacular sunsets of the Pacific Coast. With miles of uncrowded beaches, stunning coves and undiscovered inlets, Costa Rica's natural environment speaks to your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Bahia del Sol Beach Front Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.