Really can not believe I have left it so long to review this superb place! My husband, myself and our 3 year old visited the farm for a week, we booked this holiday this time last year and travelled in the May. We got everything we wanted from the stay and 10 times more! We have travelled to Italy many times, and despite happily visiting tourist spots, we always prefer to have a more authentic experience away from the tourists, and boy did we get it here!
Our room was lovely and spacious, we were made to feel very welcome. Lounged around reading books on the hammocks, our son ran freely around the farm and was allowed to feed the animals everyday. It was really warm, but almost everyday there was a heavy downpour or storm like conditions, just for an hour around tea time. I have never felt more content than when the rain was pouring down and we were sat in the hammock under the veranda with a blanket just watching it.
Food we ate was delicious and as fresh as it gets, Maria was always so lovely to our son, as was Giuseppe. Antonello could not do enough for us, maps, ideas of trips out etc and always a funny story to tell!
Highlights were definitely the cheese making, it was like stepping back 100 years - a fascinating experience. Horse riding, never rode a horse in my life but went up mountains, through streams and to ruins in the hills - jaw dropping! We also took our son to the bear enclosure in a nearby town, we couldn't find it at first so some of the local old guys who were sat outside of the cafe actually walked us down to it and all around the enclosure! Great experience, and our son still wears the tshirt from it!
Enjoyed so many great conversations, eating together and sitting around the fire on a night someone on guitar and my husband on harmonica. Other guests when we were there came from Hong Kong and USA, we had some great chats.
We went to the local supermarket and bought things in the fridge which you are allowed to use, juice, drinks, bread etc. Very handy.
Must recommend not only trying their amazing olive oil but buying it to bring back, great gifts for our friends and family and the most pure and delicious oil i've tried. Antonello has some local wines he sells, they are all very very good wines and equally good prices. One evening we went out for a meal and Antonello recommended a restaurant to us that was just down the road - amazing!
Our son was so happy for the entire stay and as busy hard working parents, we have never been more relaxed, ever. Our son cried because he wanted to live there forever, and keep their dog felichicha!
This holiday was about a third of the cost of our usual visits to Italy and by far, the most special and wonderful experience we've had in Italy. Can not recommend enough, especially if you have children. Enjoy!
- Also Known As:
- Italy Farm Stay Hotel Pescosolido
- Italy Farm Stay Hotel
- Italy Farm Stay Pescosolido
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Real Italian agriturismo right between Rome and Naples in Abruzzi National Park. With fantastic activities to enjoy: horseback riding, cooking classes, day hike, overnight hike, visit to the cheese-making shepherd, Italian language classes, yoga. Well-served by bus and train from Rome and Naples. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Italy Farm Stay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.