We spent six amazing days at this little boutique hotel at the end of June, and I can't recall when we were so much satisfied last time. Everything was just perfect. I will try to define three main factors contributing to success of le Jas de Joucas:
- The property: beautiful little cottages, furnished and equipped with ultimate style and comfort. Swimming pool with a vista to die for. Pine forest on a hill slope with perfect balance of sun and shade. Every minute detail has been thought through.
- The owner: Nathalie`s personality is an integral part of le Jas de Joucas experience. She is always welcoming and passionate to help her guests. Sometimes it seems that she knows what you need before you do. She helped us to choose sightseeing routes, to book restaurants for dinner in surrounding towns and with many other things.You can always count on her advise. The breakfasts she serves are great with a wide variety of fresh local food. A very good value for 12 Euro - I would not even think about going outside for a breakfast.
- The location: the hotel is located in the heart of Vaucluse near a picturesque village of Joucas and a short drive away from a dozen of other villages each delivering an experience unique enough to last a lifetime. Actually the least interesting and most tiring day of our vacation was when we went to visit crowded by tourists Nimes and Arles. We decided that next time we will stay east of Rhone and will continue to explore the Luberon. Le Jas de Joucas makes a perfect base for radial trips in Provence. I recommend visiting Menerbes, Lacoste, Gordes, Sénanque Abbey, Goult, Roussillon, and le Colorado Provençal near Rustrel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 400 metres above sea level, we warmly welcome you to a unique setting with a panoramic view of the Luberon. You can enjoy the swimming pool, a game of lawn bowling, the health spa, or the stillness of nature all around, as you like. Our 7 bungalows nestled in the heart of a pine grove provide a relaxing and friendly environment. For nature-lovers and the merely curious: get away to the many wonders of the surrounding area. ... more less