Can I just say I wrote a massive review and then managed to lose it and so I am losing the will abit now!!!
We flew virgin direct from gatwick. Flights are fine. 1 hour delay on the return. Good only 8 hours long.
I have some really great photos to share as well but seem ot be struggling to add these as well!
The beach is wonderful and tropical, the staff are excellent.
The food and drink is extensive and very good quality.
The garden view room had a nice view of the sea! The room was fine throughout other than the drawers were difficult to open and shut and maybe not enough storage space. But that is being picky.
Weather was very well behaved. Few days it was windy and sea choppy but mostly it looked like a proper tropical beach.
All watersports are free which is great, hobbycats, kayaks the lot. Great for kids.
Mary's outhouse - we were looking forward to this. It is special and does add charm to the hotel. We left our opwn wooden plaque in memory of our great holiday.
I would recommend Shirley hieghts both on the quiet and chilled Thursday evening and party Sunday night too. It's not cheap though by the time you add on taxis, food and drinks!
Circumnagivation cateraman was a rip off at $360 dollars for 2 adults and 2 children. 1.5 hours there and back in a bus and then packed like sardines on the boat. Food and drink OK and the snorkeling was rather poor. So I would have skipped this. We just made the most of it on the day as you do.
Best way to describe this holiday is we put our brains into jars and just zoned out carribean style. we popped them back in and returned home feeling like we had a proper holiday ready to get back to work with some gusto for another few months.
If you are booked here or planning to go I would reccomend especially if you get a good deal. We got 2 garden rooms, all inclusive, direct virgin flights over Easter 2012 for £7k. Now I believe that is a bargain!
I would say that this hotel is a little gem. I hope they don't rennovate as it will literally ruin the charm of the place.
Go and enjoy, your going to have a fab time!
- Also Known As:
- Grand Pineapple Beach Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Grand Pineapple Beach Antigua Hotel
- Grand Pineapple Beach Hotel
- Pineapple Beach
- Grand Pineapple Beach
- Grand Pineapple
- Grand Pineapple Beach Resort
- Grand Pineapple Antigua
- Grand Pineapple Beach Club
- Grand Pineapple Beach Antigua Saint John Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Situated on Long Bay – the best secluded white sand beach on the north-eastern coast in Antigua•Thirty minutes away from the V.C. Bird International Airport and from St. John’s, Antigua’s capital city•An all-inclusive resort that caters to everyone…singles, couples, families and groups•Houses 180 deluxe rooms with bright and colorful buildings and perfectly manicured gardens •Interactive and family oriented…where warm and friendly staff refers to guests by name ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Grand Pineapple Beach Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.