My husband and I stayed at the Crystal Cove for a long weekend break, we wanted the warm weather and somewhere we could fully relax from the stress of work back home. The Crystal Cove was like a breath of fresh air, a modern looking property with well kept facilities. We stayed in a Junior Suite which would of been perfect for a family or even if we had invited friends. They have 2 FULL bathrooms with bath/showers and a seperate bedroom from the lounge where the sofa can be converted into a double bed.
We were looked after so well at the hotel, the bar staff and waiters were so friendly and polite. Victor at the bar was entertaining!
The hotel offers a fantastic selection of watersports which are all complimentary, we had so much fun riding on the banana boat (something I thought you could only do in Europe in jellyfish infested waters - but its a million times better in the warm & clear caribbean sea!)
The swimming pools are all very deep which is great for adults but might possibly be a little awkward for young children as there are no shallow parts to splash around in.
There were more adults at this property than families but they do have a childrens club and the junior suites are suited to families so I would take children back to this hotel in the future for a nice relaxing break. The beach here is one of the best on the West Coast, it still has sand and a big enough stretch to sunbathe on which is becoming quite rare along the West Coast of the Island.
We also found that the evening dress code is strictly adhered too at the Crystal Cove which is nice. Some evenings the gents are required to wear long trousers and the staff will ask guests to change if their outfits are not deemed appropriate for dinner. We have previously stayed in Sandals resorts which advise an evening dress code but many guests choose to ignore this and are allowed to dine anyway regardless of their attire which my husband finds disappointing when he makes the effort to look smart and you have someone else in their shorts and football top next to you!
Would rush to come back here as soon as possible, you can't not love this hotel it is wonderful.
- Also Known As:
- Crystal Cove Saint James
- Crystal Cove Hotel
- Crystal Cove Barbados
- Crystal Cove Hotel Barbados
- Crystal Cove Barbados/Saint James Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "An enchanting blend of vitality and Caribbean charm."A colorful and vibrant beachfront all-inclusive property with 88 rooms offering a seductive Caribbean charm that will make you feel at home from the moment you arrive. Crystal Cove's warm, relaxed ambience and friendly service which includes all-inclusive accommodation as well as a Supervised Kids Club (for children aged 3-11) appeals to families and couples of all ages, many of whom return there year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., TIG Global, Regatta Hotels, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Crystal Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.