We stayed here for a couple of nights after a cruise as we were on a budget and had read some good reviews.
Even though our stay was only brief, we couldn't fault the place or staff at all. We received a warm and friendly welcome from the staff, and were upgraded to a seaview room ( I think because we were only there a short time and there were rooms spare). It was a very spacious room, with fitted cushioned seating around one corner, a nice balcony over looking the pools and sea, a well stocked kitchen area and a good-sized bathroom with a safe, large mirrored wardrobe with iron etc. and a large shower.
The hotel is well presented and the large and small pools dotted around the grounds give it a lovely atmosphere. It doesn't feel like a chain hotel at all, and the grounds are pleasant to walk in. The beach is lovely, with plenty of sun loungers and watersports on offer.
If you are flying with Virgin Atlantic it might be worth bearing in mind that for about $10 us dollars you can pay for your suitcases to be collected the night before you fly allowing you longer on the beach!Whilst we were booking this the day before we flew we also enquired about paying extra for emergency exit seats and there were quite a few available and cost about £40.00 each which really was worth it for men of average height.
As I mentioned before, the staff couldn't do enough for you, we asked for them to arrange taxis, find out when places closed, book tables etc. and nothing was too much bother.
We would love to go back again and think that it would be a great place to take children to as well.
- Also Known As:
- Bougainvillea Beach Hotel Christ Church
- Bougainvillea Barbados
- Hotel Bougainvillea Beach
- Bougainvillea Resort
- Bougainvillea Beach Hotel
- Beach Bougainvillea Resort
- Bougainvillea Hotel Barbados
- Bougainvillea Beach Resort Barbados
- Bougainvillea Beach Resort Barbados/Christ Church Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bougainvillea is the one that offers it all. Edged by two beautiful beaches, the resort, well known for its personal-touch and service, has 138 spacious suites which are just footsteps from the sand. Mediterranean style architecture surrounded by tropical gardens and the namesake Bougainvillea flowers create a tranquil setting, yet the location is merely minutes from south coast hotspots, making it an ideal base for exploring Barbados. Recommended for couples or families, the roomy suites all have ocean-facing balconies with breathtaking views and conveniences including kitchens, free Wi-Fi, IPAD/IPOD docking stations and flat screen TVs. Junior suites, one and two bedrooms have dining/living areas with sofa bed. As a full service leisure resort, Bougainvillea has three swimming pools, a swim-up bar with daily happy hour, two beachfront restaurants, well-equipped fitness centre, luxurious Spa services, watersports, tennis court, Kids Club, Teen games room and outdoor play park. Entertainment is also offered several nights per week. Bougainvillea is a green hotel and has been awarded the Travelife GOLD award and the EarthCheck PLATINUM award for its commitment to the environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Booking.com, Otel, Priceline, Venere, Fareportal and Tingo so you can book your Bougainvillea Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.