Myself, my boyfriend and another couple went to the Bachata on our first ever vacation. We will definitely be back!
Anyone who says the food is under-par is out of their mind. There was always plenty of variety to choose from at the Buffet including fresh fruits and hot dishes cooked in front of you. We went to the Italian restaurant twice and had great food and great service both times.
Speaking of service ... the waiters and waitresses were great! They were never far away to bring you coffee, wine, water, anything. We tipped them every dinner and they treated us like kings and queens.
We cannot say enough about the entertainment and animation crew at the Bachata. We participated in beach volleyball, water polo, ping pong, crazy games, water aerobics, etc. We got to know Sexy Dogg, Smiley, Gigi, and Speedy throughout the week and they are some of the most amazing people we have ever met. We miss them already! The entertainment at night was spectacular, with different themes every night. The dancing, lighting and music was excellent.
The views in Puerto Plata are breathtaking. The groundskeepers worked all day to keep the property clean and beautiful, and the rocky shores and lush mountains are one of a kind. We also took an excursion to Paradise Island. The speedboat ride was tons of fun and the island had white sand and crystal clear waters. Scuba diving is included, and the coral reefs and fish are very colourful. At only $89, it was a great value and a must-see!
As far as the hotel rooms go ... Both of our rooms were cool and clean. The housekeepers left beautiful swan towels with flowers during the week and kept our towels and drinks replenished. No complaints whatsoever!
We met two couples from England during our stay and still keep in touch. We are already planning our trip back to the Bachata! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO COUPLES, FAMILIES, FRIENDS, ANYONE! Amazing time, amazing people, we miss everyone and everything!
- Also Known As:
- Riu Bachata
- Riu Bachata Puerto Plata
- Clubhotel Riu Bachata Hotel
- Clubhotel Riu Bachata Puerto Plata
- Riu Bachata Dominican Republic
- Riu Puerto Plata
- Bachata Riu
- Club Hotel Riu Bachata
- ClubHotel Riu Bachata Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on the beach in Maimon Bay * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * Inside the Riu Resort, along with ClubHotels Riu Merengue and Riu Mambo * Main building plus 1 and 2-story bungalows * Surrounded by 50,000 m2 of tropical gardens * 9 km / 5.5 miles from Puerto Plata * 25 m / 81 ft. from Caribbean Street * 25 km / 15.5 miles from Puerto Plata Intl. Airport * 500 m / 1650 ft. from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Otel, Priceline, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Bachata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.