Let me explain. This was my first experience with a mega time share resort. I arrived and was assigned to a basic superior room in building 5 by a Front Desk staff member who was not helpful in directing me to my room or explaining the do and don't of my yellow colored wristband which was cut off of my wrist upon checkout. The room was clean with a comfortable mattress. On the evening my 2nd night there was an unexpected fruit and cheese platter. The grounds and pools are beautiful and well maintained
The Restaurants- Reservation only and there is always a waiting list except at the buffet at Casa Blanca - bring your spices, the food is bland with absolutely no flavor. The staff members are friendly but extremely slow.
The Bars - Worst domestic liquor. Yellow wristband wearers are allowed at one of the VIP beach bars where they have a better quality of liquor but don't make a mistake and go to the wrong VIP Beach. The beach sheriffs with the fake badges enjoy saying "You're not allowed only VIP belong here" The staff offer very slow service.
The Spa - Metamorphosis ask for Berenice she will work you out!!! The staff are professional, friendly and they smile. The prices are very reasonable.
The Entertainment - at The Colosseum was just ok. They did their best!!
Overall - if you're not wearing a premium wristband color like black, gold, etc or if it doesn't have the letters VIP stamped on it, you will hear the following:
- "You're Not Allowed" & "Only VIP" & "Sorry" etc, not the statements or expressions I want to hear on vacation!! My first and last vist to this Wristband Restricted Resort.
- Also Known As:
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Hotel Puerto Plata
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort And Spa
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Hotel
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort Spa
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort & Spa
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort
- Hacienda Tropical
- Hotel Lifestyle Tropical Beach
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach
- Lifestyle Tropical
- The Tropical At Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within the sprawling Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, The Tropical offers a classic hotel vacation experience set within quaint, two- and threestory, Mediterranean-style buildings. The mood is laid-back and distinctively Caribbean. Guest enjoy all resort facilities and amenities (excluding the V.I.P areas) including swimming pools, a choice of excellent restaurants, exercise rooms, tennis courts, windsurfing and so much more. The Lifestyle Tropical is Ideal for couples seeking a private island hide-away with all the advantages of a world-class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.