Stayed June 27 2012. 1 week
I'll start off by saying the beach is definitely one of the top 5 beaches in the world! Amazing, beautiful, clean!I No rocks, white sand, calm gorgeous warm turquoise water...But thats about all D R has to offer you.
Now the hotel- I guess the hotel itself is OK for the $$ but the food & drinks?! horrible to say the least. The food is BLAND, at the buffet or the al a carte restaurants. Even the fruit is bland, not sweet at all??? How can you have unsweetened fruit in the Caribbean, its grown right there smh. They say no reservations at the restaurants(when they're open) needed but when you arrive its an hour wait just to get a small mediocre meal. You'll leave there hungry and have to end up going to the buffet anyway. Save time go to the buffet or order room service(if your a platinum guests its free) Upgrading to Platinum is definitely worth the extra $, there are a lot of extra perks that might your stay a little better like free internet, free room service, a private bar, rooms steps from the beach(like backyard close) and a private section on the beach with much more comfortable soft chairs/beds. The drinks however are NOT better, its the same bottle shelf liquor all around, event the sodas are just watered down syrups. I actually had to send a Sprite back wowww :)
The rooms are nice, clean however our room(734) was hot, the a/c never got it cooler than 77, 78 degrees maybe 76 only at night, we even called for maintenance and after sending 3 guys out the issue never got fixed, they claim there was an issue with the 2nd floor rooms...oh well.
We never had an issue getting seats on the free shuttle like people say and they run literally every 2 minutes so you'll be fine.
The workers are nice, hard working, helpful. I recommend tipping your maid and the waiters/waitresses, they are really hard workers, working 12hrs a day non stop, having to deal with a lot of rude guests(mostly Russians I'm sorry but they were very rude)for little money maybe $2 an hour pay, they really appreciate anything you could give and try to learn some Spanish before you get there, a little will go a long way especially with a $2 tip :)
Definitely do one of the excursions, Punta Cana Express Safari Jeep Tour is Awesome! The Casino is garbage. The Spa if worth the $$ great retreat.
Not many Americans or Canadians staying at this Hotel, mostly Europeans(Russians/ Germans) not a problem with me but I noticed the Russians were rude especially at the buffets and the beach.
Definitely wouldn't recommend this Hotel for anyone traveling to Punta Cana. We spoke to another couple on 1 of the tours and they said the food and drinks were excellent at their Hotel (forgot the name maybe Ocean Blue) so there are better Hotels. Im really surprised at the meritocracy of this Hotel, we did stay at the Grand Princess in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico and it was definitely a 4 star Hotel, same company but like night and day. Overall I wouldn't go back to the Dominican Republic. The beach is wonderful but the rest of D R is not. Go to Negril, Jamaica or Turks and Caicos instead.
- Also Known As:
- Bavaro Princess
- Bavaro Princess Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Resort
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort
- Bavaro Princess Hotel
- Punta Cana Bavaro Princess
- Bavaro Princess All Suites
- Punta Cana Bavaro Princess Hotel
- Bavaro Princess Resort Punta Cana
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Bavaro Princess, situated in the Dominican Republic in an area renowned for its incomparable beauty, the quality of the sand and the clarity of the water on the famous Bavaro Beach. Accommodation at this prestigious resort more than meets the expectations of the most demanding of customers.136 splendid Platinum Suites, 16 Honeymoon Spa Suites, 82 functional Junior Suites, or the 572 spacious and fully equipped Bungalow Suites, provide the ideal added value to enjoy an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.