I have had a love affair with Club Med up until now. We have stayed at 3 or 4 other Clubs and loved it. After this vacation, I am breaking up with Club Med permanently. This was our second visit to this Club (it's been 8 or 9 years) and were attracted by the "updated" tease on the website description. We did luck out and get an ocean-view room. Room was basic Club Med (I did like having the rolling door divider between 2 sleeping areas) but soon noticed the slight mold in corner of room and general "2 star" quality of the room.
Food is usually one of the big pluses, but we ended up having tuna sandwiches and a big salad for lunch, and looking for simple entrees at dinner......food was not good at all. All the nouvelle cuisine experiments failed despite enticing labels and attractive ingredients. Service was not very good. Drinks were so-so at the bar.
We sent because we wanted to scuba-drive and are experienced. Dives are only one tank, and the first 5 out of 6 were to sites with dead coral and only a couple fish. Last dive was what the first ones should have been. Dive boat is small, and dive masters not very good.
Sailing was a big disappointment as only Lasers were offered, and we are used to Hobie Cats at other clubs so we can all sail together (2 adults, 1 teen). Archery "shrank" since last time, and tennis is away from the coast so was unbearably hot.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Punta Cana Hotel
- Club Med Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Club Med
- Club Med Dominican Republic
- Club Med
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Dominican Republic in this all-inclusive family resort, designed over a long white-sand beach, considered to be the finest in the world. Travel to Club Med Punta Cana with your family and enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation in this resort which flourishes beside a lagoon surrounded by magnificent grove of coconut palms. Fun moments filled with memories await your kids at Club Med world-famous children's clubs with dedicated activities and sports for children and teenagers from morning to evening, for each age group, and all coordinated by qualified and enthusiastic professionals. This newly redesigned resort has something for everyone, with amenities such as: Baby Club Med™*, a new Spa* with private pool access, exclusive private Oceanfront Family Suites, new dedicated programs for Mini Club Med™ including Le Petit Tennis®, circus school and Baby Gym®, Passworld for teens, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Club Med Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.