Left Toronto May 15th to Iberostar Punta Cana, with Sunwing for 2 weeks. We arrived at 10:30pm, friendly staff at the reception, got our room and headed to the restaurant buffet which is open from 11 pm to 6 am!
Food:OMG the variety of food is amazing, good quality and everything for every taste!
Lot's of options for eating, two buffets, 2 by the beach drinks and lunch and 5 a la carte restaurants.
Room :comfortable, but a bit out-dated, safety box $, the washroom definitely needs refurbishing specially the old tub and mold caulking all around.
Beach: fan-tas- tic! clear water and turquoise blue and white sand! you can walk for miles.....
Negative point: Internet, super expensive $ 40.00 for 5 days, very slow,and unreliable, could not stay connect for long try to skype home, but no away..... We complain to the front desk Manager "Hector" several times, he just gave the us the run around and excuses and promise to give few days credit, but it was just talk. He ,'HECTOR" became hostile and insinuated we were lying.We spend over $ 100.00 and lot's of frustration to stay connected.
Tip: go para sailing with Alfonso Ramirez an older guy very sweet and friendly. The best experience of my life! went 3x ,I love it ( we are in our 60s)He hangs around between IPC and Rio Palace hotel next to the water sport.He's price is very fair $60.00 for 2 person compare to the hotel and other vendors that charge $ 90.00 (4-2).
All in all I do recommend this hotel , and hope higher management drop that rip-off charge for Wifi that doesn't work and educate front desk specially the so called hostile desk manager Hector :(.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Iberostar Punta Cana Hotel
- Punta Cana Iberostar
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on the beautiful, sandy beach of Bavaro (Punta Cana). Friendly atmosphere. Beach restaurant. Set in a palm grove. Attractive pool area. All inclusive (generous, varied buffets for all meals). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Amex, VISIT US, INC. , Orbitz, HotelsClick, Cheap Tickets, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Iberostar Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.