We visited Ocena Blue and sand report May 15th - 30th. We traveled with booked through first choice/thomsons.... to start i would say the flight was dissapointing for long haul, the hostess was rude and the plane was filthy.
Now onto the hotel, good transfer, roughly 20mins and welcome drinks on arrival. Friendly Rep Martin. We were told our room would be ready in 10 to 15 mins however this was more like 30 mins and 40 mins before we had our bags. However the room looked clean and welcoming. block 9.
On day 2 of our holiday i was covered in bites, i was not sure what kind of bites these were, we had ants on our balcony so thought it may be them.I didnt think they were mosquito bites as they looked different and i had been wearing deet. we were told our room would be fumigated. the problem continued and we realised we were being bitten while we slept and on talking to other guest we found we were not the only ones. After requesting 3 times for someone to sort this disscusting problem of bed bugs ourselves and request from the rep Martin, my husband demanded we were moved as this had pretty much ruined our holiday.
We were move to privlege, this was a nice guesture on behalf of the hotel i just wish it was done sooner.
The only other bad thing was the pressure from the H10 sales men. We were invited to a special breakfast and 30min presentation on the H10 members package, we foolishly agreed and it turned out the the special breakfast was breakfast in the buffet restaurant with a sales man trying to sell to you as you eat??? and it goes on for hours!! £8000 to join the club....trust me its not worth it.
Onto the good points, Food is good in the buffet although you will tire of it after 2 weeks.Route 66 was our kids favourite, and mine if im honest...the ribs are good!! steak restaurant was ok. mexican dont bother. italian was ok.
Drinks are great, very strong, cocktails are good (dori monkey great), and cava on tap was fab.the bar staff are great.
The pools and pool area are kept clean, the beach is beautiful, especially the privilege beach,its just delightful from about 4pm with a few gin and tonics.
the entertainment team were good in the evenings. the Michael jackson show is fabulous. However i did feel at times the entertainment by the pool felt a bit club 18-30 and not really suitable for children.(in particular thursday 24th May- was shocking )
not sure if i would return, if we did it wouldnt be with children.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Blue Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Hotel Beach
- Ocean Blue Golf Beach Resort
- Ocean Blue Golf & Beach Resort
- Ocean Blue Resort Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Resort
- Ocean Blue Golf Beach Resort Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue
- Ocean Blue Dominican Republic
- Ocean Blue Golf
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the wonderful beaches of Bávaro, and immersed in tropical foliage, close to the White Sands golf course, the Ocean Blue and Sand is an all-inclusive resort featuring suite accommodations, two luxurious pools, casino, spa and fitness center, dive center and an extensive activity program including childrens' and teen mini clubs, to make your stay an unforgettable experience. All-inclusive: Meals, drinks, cocktails and snacks included 24 hours. Some additional services are available at additional charge. Lobby with Free WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HostelBookers, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Ocean Blue & Sand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.